|2016 Conference Paper Guidelines
November 2-5, 2016
Double Tree by Hilton
Guidelines for Submitting a Full Paper for 2016 ATMAE Conference
Submit Full Paper for Peer-Refereed Proceedings Publication due July 22, 2016
ATMAE Membership Requirement, and
Attendance at Conference
(Adopted by ATMAE Board of Directors, November 2006)
- ATMAE Membership Upon acceptance of a Conference Proceedings Paper submission, all named authors must be ATMAE members or join ATMAE. This must be completed by the submission of the paper, no later than July 22, 2016. If a named author of an accepted Conference Proceedings Paper has not complied with this policy by July 22, 2016, they will not be acknowledged as author of the paper in the 2016 Conference Proceedings. If no author is listed as a member by July 22nd, the paper will not be considered.
Conference Attendance by Authors: Named authors of accepted Conference Proceedings Papers who are also named presenters of the underlying one-page presentation are required to attend and present at the conference; named authors who are not also named as presenters on the underlying proposal are not required to attend the conference. All required attendees must be registered for the conference by September 2, 2016.
Submission of Papers – Upload to Designated Web Page
- All papers are to be uploaded to the Omnipress site where presenters have submitted their abstracts. Authors will be provided this link in an email. Please contact Alyssa Ebersole at firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance.
- All identifying information about the authors MUST be removed from the text.
Paper Format, Length, Spacing, Fonts, Font size, and other format issues
- Author Information Masking: Identifying information must not appear in the text.
- Spacing and Maximum Length: All papers are to be double-spaced with no more than ten (10) pages of text exclusive of tables, figures, art, and references.
- Font Size and Margins: All papers must be submitted in 12 point font size, in either Times New Roman or Arial Narrow. Use one-inch margins.
- Headers and Pagination: Use a running header in the upper right header on each page with the paper title or shortened form of the same; place page numbers at the bottom of each page.
- Text Style: Use regular text; AVOID UPPER CASE, bold, italics, and underlined text, except as noted for section headings.
- Section Headings: Authors should use appropriate section headings to facilitate reading and review. Delineate main section titles with Bold Text, and delineate subsection titles with Underlined Text or Italicized Text. Do not use ALL UPPER CASE for section or subsection headings.
- Captions for Tables: Per APA style, tables must be labeled appropriately above the table.
- Captions for Figures, Graphics, Photos, etc: Per APA style, these are labeled below the image.
- References: Authors should use citation and references format. Do not use footnote references. Cited references are encouraged and a references page is required if citations are noted in the text, but a full bibliography of all sources is not required. All citations in the text should be reflected with full citations in the reference section at the end of the paper, using APA format.
- Submissions that do not meet these specifications will not be reviewed. Submissions which do not meet these specifications will be returned. All deadlines for submission will remain in effect. Authors will be responsible for revising his/her paper to conform to specifications by the established deadline.
Review Guidelines & Process - ATMAE 2016 Conference Proceedings Papers (adopted 4/21/01)
Review Criteria: ATMAE divisions and focus groups will review papers based on the following criteria:
- QUALITY: Is the paper's topic presented in a manner representative of the high quality expected of research done in Industrial Technology?
- ACCURACY: Is the material accurate? (This is perhaps most important.) Are the claims of novelty or innovative technical content backed up and verifiable by a competent reviewer? Are the statements and analyses made in the paper correct and logically consistent? Do they flow from the analyses or data presented in the body of the paper?
- USEFULNESS: How useful is this material to the Industrial Technologist, whether faculty, industrial member, or student? This implies that a reviewer could recommend the paper to be read by a colleague or student, or could use the material him or herself.
- INNOVATION: It is realized that not every paper submitted to a conference such as ATMAE's must present a brand new invention, development, or theory. However, reviewers will examine papers for novel inventions, or applications of current technology in new ways and in new environments, and such novelty, backed up by the reviewers' assessments in Item #2, should count strongly for the paper. Furthermore, because a large part of the ATMAE membership consists of those engaged in teaching industrial technology, the application or introduction of novel or more advanced technical concepts and technologies to instruction will also be considered to demonstrate innovation.
- *Note: Poor writing or organization, making paper hard to follow or understand, is the single biggest reason submissions are rejected. Remember these are “Conference Proceedings Papers” – and the
reviewers will be selective!
- Once the paper is uploaded, the Corresponding author will receive a computer-generated email.
- The designated Review Leader for the appropriate topical track will review papers in their area.
- The Review Leaders are the division presidents and/or focus group chairs who will identify Reviewers for paper evaluation. Division Presidents and Focus Group Chairs may act as Reviewers. Reviewers are ATMAE members who are academic faculty and/or industrial personnel who are readily aware of current literature within the discipline of Industrial Technology.
- A double blind review process is used for review. The authors’ identities will not be known to the Reviewers, and the Reviewers will withhold their identity from the paper authors.
- Reviewers are asked to provide a rigorous review of paper content and format.
- The Reviewers will state whether the reviewed publication should be:
º Accepted as is; or Accepted with minor changes – all comments will be emailed to the Corresponding author so that the Corresponding author may make corrections or
º Rejected, with reasons for rejection stated clearly in separate memo.
Changes to the Paper
Minor changes/edits must be made in Word to the original paper. The author will upload the revised paper through the personal link he/she will be provided. The ATMAE office is not responsible for any corrections to the author’s paper.
Submission & Review Timeline
|June 3, 2016
||Presentations acceptance must be made.
|July 22, 2016
||Paper Submission Deadline.
|August 22, 2016 - August 26, 2016
||Decision Emails to authors from ATMAE office
|September 2, 2016
||Named authors of accepted papers must have:
1) joined/renewed ATMAE membership and
2) have registered for the conference.
NOTE: At least one paper author must attend the conference to present, or the paper and presentation abstract will not be published in the Proceedings.
Minimum Rejection Rate for Conference Proceedings Papers
- No more than 49% of submissions in any track will be accepted for publication as Conference Proceedings Papers, unless only one paper is submitted in a given track, in which case the paper can be reviewed and accepted if that is the judgment of the Review Leaders.
- A Review Leader may choose to accept no submissions within its track.
“Best Conference Proceedings Paper”
- A committee of the ATMAE Executive Board will select a “Best Conference Proceedings Paper” from among all accepted submissions to the Conference Proceedings Papers process.
- The review of papers in each topical track will result in a top-ranked paper in the track.
- A three-member committee of the ATMAE Board of Directors will review the top paper for each track and choose a
“Best ATMAE 2016 Conference Proceedings Paper.”
- The “Best ATMAE 2016 Conference Proceedings Paper” shall be selected using the existing review criteria for the
Conference Proceedings Papers, and with additional consideration of:
º Professionalism in presentation.
º Efficiency in organization and readability.
º Application of the substance to advancing solutions to and knowledge regarding actual business, industrial, technological or academic problems or issues.
- The review process will take place each September.