November 2-5, 2016
Double Tree by Hilton
Call for Proposals
Click Here to submit your proposal
The above link is not the ATMAE website, you must create an account.
Submission deadline is Friday, March 18th.
Invitation to Participate
The Association of Technology, Management and Applied Engineering invites members to submit presentation proposals for the 2016 ATMAE Annual Conference. The conference theme, Entering the Future, may align with your content but is not required. All topics within a track’s purview are welcome. Conference tracks are listed below.
Presentation proposals may result from diverse sources:
- Informational reports, administrative, curricular and teaching challenges and best practices
- Equipment, hardware and software developments
- Research findings and research in progress (qualitative or quantitative)
- Meta-Analysis of current literature, research, methods and processes\"Calls for Action" on a technology-related issue.
- "Calls for Action" on a technology-related issue.
It is expected that 70% to 80% of proposals will be accepted for presentation.
All conference logistics questions should be directed to email@example.com or at 630.433.4514
One-page proposals should include the sections shown below.
- Suggested topical track and presentation title
- Presenter information: name, institution, city, state, phone, email
- Co-Author Information: name, institution, email
- Need (a statement on the importance of the presentation)
- Overview (provide a summary of presentation)
- Major points (in bullets)
- Summary (brief description of what attendees will gain)
The recommended proposal length is 200 to 350 words, with a short, descriptive title.
Submissions should be in Word (not PDF), should use 11 or 12-point text in Arial Narrow or similar font, and should have 1.25” margins.
Citations are not required for presentation proposals. Please do not send supplemental materials (photos, articles or reports) with your proposal. The reviewers will not see these.
A maximum of three presenters may be listed on each proposal. All listed presenters must attend the conference if the proposal is accepted. Non-attendees should be listed as co-authors.
The submitting author will receive an email message confirming the receipt of the proposal and are responsible for keeping co-authors up-to-date on the status of the proposal.
A sample proposal is shown on the ATMAE website under the Conference link for your reference. Click Here for a sample proposal.
How to Enter your Proposal into the OmniPress System
ATMAE is using the same system as last year to submit your presentation proposals for review. If you have the same email, you must use the same username and password. Please read below if you forgot your username or password.
Here is the link to enter your information! Use last year’s username and password!
If you did not submit a proposal or create an account last year!
You must request create a New account first! This is NOT your ATMAE account but rather a third party system. Please create a new username, password and write it down in a safe place you can find because you will be accessing this site numerous times until the conference in fall.
If you forgot your username and password!
You must request your username FIRST! After your username is sent to you then you may request your password.
2016 Conference Presentation Deadlines Posted and New Payment Policy – NEW INFORMATION
The deadlines for ATMAE’s 2016 Annual Conference presentations are now available. On Friday, January 29th we will be publishing and sending all members the full set of policies and procedures in our call for Abstracts.
Also, please note a new Presenter registration payment policy. Because of the number of late cancellations of presenters, we are adding the option for people to register early at a discount (beyond the early bird discount). If you have funding this year that could pay for next year’s conference this could be an advantage to you!
We are also establishing a strict cut-off for payment (or Purchase Order from your school) for all presenters. If payment is not made by September 2nd, the slot will be opened to other potential presenters.
|Call for abstracts open
||January 29, 2016
|Call for abstracts closed
||March 18, 2016
|Accept / Reject Letters sent
||April 18, 2016
|Pre-registration Payment Discount closes
||May 20, 2016
|Final Collection (papers) open
||April 25, 2016
|Final Collection (papers) closed
||July 15, 2016
|NEW* Presenter Registration PAYMENT
||September 2, 2016
Judging Procedures and Deadlines
- Proposals may be submitted starting January 29th 2016.
- All Proposals must be submitted by close of business March 18th, 2016.
- Proposals are selected through a double-blind peer-review process by fellow ATMAE members.
- Presentations are scheduled for 25 minute presentations, with two presentations in a single 55-minute session.
- Membership: Those named as “Presenters” on accepted proposals must join ATMAE after acceptance of an abstract/proposal.
- Upon submission of conference papers, at least 50% of the named paper authors must be ATMAE members; upon acceptance of a conference paper, all named authors must join ATMAE.
- Registration: All named presenters must register and attend.
- To acknowledge a contributor to your work who will not attend the conference, please designate that person as a “Co-Author” separate from the named “Presenters.”
- At least one named author of the paper must present the underlying presentation at the conference.
- o All presenters must register and pay all fees (or submit a PO from your school) by September 2nd, 2016.
- A full paper is not required at the time the proposal is submitted. Accepted presenters have the