Certification Fees / Fee Policies
Certification has required fees for examinations, for initial certification, and for annual renewal. After initial certification, certified members will be prompted via email to renew their annual ATMAE Membership dues
and Certification Renewal each year. To remain certified, annual membership and certification dues need to be kept current.
- Individual Student Examination Fee: $25
- Individual Professional Examination Fee: $50
- Group Exams (or Group of Individual Exams) with
Reporting of Group Results for Program Assessment
- 1 to 15 examinees: $25 per Examinee
- 16 to 45 examinees: $20 per Examinee
- 46+ examiness: $15 per Examinee
Certified in Engineering Graphics
(CEG & CSEG), Certified Manufacturing Specialist (CMS & CSMS),
Certified Technology Manager (CTM & CSTM), and Certified Technical
Professional (CTP & CSTP) Program Fees
- Initial Certification Fee (paid at time of initial
Annual Renewal Fee (paid at end of first year and each year
thereafter): $35 for professionals and $25 for students per certification held NOTE:
Retired ATMAE Certified members only need to pay the annual ATMAE Retired
member dues of $25; retired certified members DO NOT pay an annual
certification renewal fee.
ATMAE Membership Fee: Certified ATMAE members must also renew their
ATMAE Membership dues each year, $100 for Professional Members, $25 for
- TOTAL Annual Fees for Certified ATMAE Members (excluding retired members):
- Certified Professional Member: $35 Certification Renewal +
$100 ATMAE Membership = $135
- Certified Student Member: $25 Certification Renewal +
$25 ATMAE Membership = $50
- Transition from Initial (CEG, CMS, CTM, or CTP) to
Senior (CSEG, CSMS, CSTM, or CSTP) Certification: No additional fee beyond
- All fees must be paid to maintain a valid ATMAE
- Members will receive reminder notices via email for each year's pending ATMAE Membership and Certification expiration. ATMAE does not keep payment information on record so members are required to process renewal dues every year via the members' online renewal system.
Proration of Dues: Current ATMAE members applying for certification
will receive credit for a portion of their current dues; ATMAE will
prorate their existing dues to establish a new membership renewal date
that coincides with the annual certification renewal date.
Revocation of Certification for Non-Payment: Non-payment of fees will result
in revocation of certification. Certification status must be continuous
throughout the certification period. Certification is revoked if fees are
not paid within 60 days of the annual dues expiration date.
- Reinstatement of Certification:
of all fees that are due (this includes lapsed years for membership and certification), the certification will be reinstated if the
certified member is also in compliance with all other relevant policies,
including continuing education policies.
reserves the right to treat a request for reinstatement of a lapsed
certification as a new application. This is most common when a
certification has been lapsed for three years or more and records of the
certification are no longer available; in such cases, ATMAE requires the
holder of the lapsed certificate to provide documentary evidence of their
prior ATMAE Certification, to pay all past due fees, and to comply with
continuing education requirements. On an individual basis, the
Certification Officer may waive specific policies for good cause.