Call for Nominations
Deadline is August 16, 2019
The ATMAE Board of Directors has several openings for the 2019-2020 election. We would like to invite anyone interested in running to read the following information and feel free to contact Jim Thompson, ATMAE Executive Director, if you have any questions at 919-635-8335; firstname.lastname@example.org
Seats Open for positions on the ATMAE Board of Directors:
- Vice Chair (one-year, but ascends to Chair)
- 4-Year Director (two-year)
- 2-Year Director (two-year)
- Industry (two-year)
- ONE student member (one-year term)
- Candidates for election must be members of ATMAE in good standing and must be members of the category of which they are running.
- The term of office is two years except for the student member who serves a one-year term and the Vice Chair, which ascends to the Chair position and then Past Chair. Board members shall serve no more than two consecutive terms on the Board of Directors, except for the Chair position, which becomes Past Chair in the third year.
- Board terms elected this year start at the 2019 conference in Charlotte, NC.
- An individual may be elected or appointed to serve on the Board of Directors after serving the maximum number of consecutive terms if the number of years equal to the term of office of his or her last service on the Board of Directors has passed.
- An individual elected to a position on the Board shall NOT serve in a leadership capacity on any other ATMAE boards simultaneously.
Necessary Elements to become a Board Candidate – Policy Guidelines
- Candidates must have been a member of ATMAE for at least three consecutive years (except student nominees).
- Candidates must have contributed successfully to ATMAE.
- Candidates must provide a letter of recommendation from the Chair, Head, Director or Dean of their academic unit, their academic advisor, or from their corporate supervisor.
- Candidate must submit a short résumé with a headshot. In the first paragraph list your credentials, and accomplishments achieved in ATMAE or elsewhere in their profession that would be applicable to this leadership role. In the second paragraph, please answer the following questions:
- How would you assess your track record of involvement with ATMAE?
- Do you see any transformational goals that you would like to see achieved during your tenure on the Board?
ALL NOMINATION INFORMATION IS DUE TO JIM THOMPSON at email@example.com BY AUGUST 16, 2019
What is expected of Board Members?
- The Board meets, at a minimum, twice a year.
- This year, the current Board will meet on Wednesday afternoon, November 6 in Charlotte and will have a joint meeting in the afternoon. We ask that you all sit in on the Wednesday Board meeting to become informed of the Board activities.
- Your hotel room and conference registration will be paid by ATMAE during 2019.
- Monthly Board conference calls are at 2 PM EST on the 3rd Friday of each month lasting about 90 minutes. It is expected that all Board members will be prepared by reading all materials and will participate in these calls barring unforeseen circumstances.
- Other projects as deemed necessary by the Executive Director and Board.
General Preferred Qualifications
ATMAE Board of Director welcomes members who:
- Are strategic and visionary thinkers
- Are team players
- Are committed to the mission and vision of ATMAE
- Understand that ATMAE positions are not compensated except as provided by ATMAE Board of Directors policies
- Will dedicate time to the Board of Directors
- Are willing to promote the mission and vision of ATMAE
- Understand the ATMAE brand
- Have balanced experience
- Are good listeners
- Are collaborators
- Have institutional or corporate support
- July 11, 2019: Initial Call for Nominations announced.
- August 16, 2019: Election nominations due at 5 PM Eastern Time. No exceptions allowed!
- August 26 - 30, 2019: Election window available online.
- August 30th Election will close at 5 PM Eastern Time.
- Week of September 9: Winners will be contacted and an announcement will be made to the membership.