Call for Nominations
Nominations are due July 24, 2020
Download Call for Board Nominations (pdf)
The ATMAE Board of Directors has several openings for the 2020 - 2021 election.
We invite anyone interested in running to read the following information and feel free to contact Jim Thompson, Executive Director, if you have any questions at 919-635-8335;
Seats Open for positions on the ATMAE Board of Directors:
Vice Chair (one-year term, and automatically ascends to Chair)
Treasurer (two-year term)
Secretary (two-year term)
Student Representative (one-year term)
Candidates for election must be members of ATMAE in good standing and must be members of the category of which they are running.
The term of office is two years except for the student member who serves a one-year term and the Vice Chair, which ascends to the Chair position and then Past Chair. Board members shall serve no more than two consecutive terms on the Board of
Directors, except for the Chair position, which becomes Past Chair in the third year.
Board terms elected this year start at the 2020 conference in Louisville, or October 9, 2020
An individual may be elected or appointed to serve on the Board of Directors after serving the maximum number of consecutive terms if the number of years equal to the term of office of his or her last service on the Board of Directors has passed.
An individual elected to a position on the Board shall NOT serve in a leadership capacity on any other ATMAE boards simultaneously.
Necessary Elements to become a Board Candidate – Policy Guidelines
Candidates must have been a member of ATMAE for at least three consecutive years (except student nominees).
Candidates must have contributed successfully to ATMAE.
Candidates must provide a letter of recommendation from the Chair, Head, Director or Dean of their academic unit, their academic advisor, or from their corporate supervisor.
Candidate must submit a short résumé with a headshot, and a candidate interest statement. In the first paragraph list your credentials, and accomplishments achieved in ATMAE or elsewhere in their profession that would be applicable to this leadership
role. In the second paragraph, please answer the following questions:
How would you assess your track record of involvement with ATMAE?
Do you see any transformational goals that you would like to see achieved during your tenure on the Board?
ALL NOMINATION INFORMATION IS DUE TO JIM THOMPSON at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 24, 2020.
What is expected of Board Members?
- The Board meets, at a minimum, twice a year.
- This year, the current Board will meet on Wednesday afternoon, October 7 in Louisville. We ask that you all sit in on the Wednesday Board meeting to become informed of the Board activities.
Your hotel room and conference registration will be paid by ATMAE at the 2021 conference.
- Monthly Board conference calls are at 2 PM EST on the 3rd Friday of each month lasting about 90 minutes. It is expected that all Board members will be prepared by reading all materials and will participate in these calls barring unforeseen circumstances.
- Other projects as deemed necessary by the Executive Director and Board.
General Preferred Qualifications
ATMAE Board of Director welcomes members who:
- Are strategic and visionary thinkers
- Are team players
- Are committed to the mission and vision of ATMAE
- Understand that ATMAE positions are not compensated except as provided by ATMAE Board of Directors policies
- Will dedicate time to the Board of Directors
- Are willing to promote the mission and vision of ATMAE
- Understand the ATMAE brand
- Have balanced experience
- Are good listeners
- Are collaborators
- Have institutional or corporate support
June 22: Initial Call for Nominations announced.
July 24: Election nominations due at 5 PM Eastern Time. No exceptions allowed!
August 17 - 21: Election window available online.
Election will close Friday, August 21st at 5 PM Eastern Time.
Week of September 7: Winners will be contacted and an announcement will be made to the membership.