Certified Senior in Engineering Graphics (CSEG)
Certified Senior Manufacturing Specialist (CSMS)
Certified Senior Technology Manager (CSTM)
Certified Senior Technical Professional (CSTP)
Individuals meeting the following criteria are eligible to be certified by ATMAE for the "senior" certification:
- The applicant must be currently certified in the CEG, CMS, CTM, or CTP programs.
- The applicant must report thirty (30) professional development units (PDU) of continuing education activity that were completed withing 3 years prior to the application. (Please note that coursework completed in pursuit of the academic degree used as the qualifying degree for CEG, CMS, CTM, or CTP certification cannot be used to fulfill this requirement.)
Continuing Education is Required for Senior Certification:
- Senior certification is renewable every three years and requires 30 PDUs of continuing education activity within each 3-year period to be eligible for re-certification for another 3-year period.
- Senior certification holders who do not report 30 PDUs at the end of the 3-year certification will lose their senior certification.
Senior Certification Fees:
- There is no additional fee in addition to annual membership and certification fees to transition from the CEG, CMS, CTM, or CTP to Senior Certification (CSEG, CSMS, CSTM, or CSTP).
- ATMAE Membership Fee: Individuals must be current ATMAE members to receive a senior certification.
Students/Graduating Student: $25
- Annual Re-certification Fee: (paid annually with ATMAE membership renewal):
Students: $25 per certification
Professionals: $35 per certification. (Certified retired ATMAE members only need to pay the annual member dues renewal of $25).
Total Annual Fees for Certified ATMAE Members (excluding retired members):
Certified Professional: $35 per certification renewal + $100 membership fee = $135
Certified Student: $25 per certification renewal + $25 membership fee = $50
- All fees must be paid to maintain a valid ATMAE Certification.
- Members will receive reminder notices via email for each year's pending ATMAE Membership and Certification expiration. ATMAE does not keep payment information on record so members are required to process renewal dues every year via the members' online renewal system.
- Revocation of Certification for Non-Payment: Non-payment of fees will result in revocation of certification. Certification status must be continuous throughout the certification period. Certification is revoked if fees are not paid within 60 days of the annual dues expiration date.
- Reinstatement of Certification:
- Upon payment of all fees that are due (this includes lapsed years for membership and certification), the certification will be reinstated if the certified member is also in compliance with all other relevant policies, including continuing education policies.
- ATMAE reserves the right to treat a request for reinstatement of a lapsed certification as a new application. This is most common when a certification has been lapsed for three years or more and records of the certification are no longer available; in such cases, ATMAE requires the holder of the lapsed certificate to provide documentary evidence of their prior ATMAE Certification, to pay all past due fees, and to comply with continuing education requirements. On an individual basis, the Certification Officer may waive specific policies for good cause.