HOW WILL THE VIRTUAL CONFERENCE WORK?
Prerecorded presentations are assembled in sessions according to their assigned track in the virtual conference website, and are available for participants to view on demand beginning Monday, November 2. Participants will receive an email with login details for accessing the conference site. Once logged in participants will access the presentations by clicking on a link to view the video, and will return at the scheduled time to participate in the live Q&A session with the speakers on Zoom.
All presenters are required to be virtually present for their scheduled Q&A session in order to answer questions about their presentation and participate in the discussion. Participants will be able to use a Q&A feature to ask questions. The session’s moderator will then select a few questions, and will read them to the presenters, who will be able to answer verbally during the session. Unless otherwise advised by participants, all the sessions will be fully recorded and made available for watching online, only to those who have registered, during the conference (November 4-6, 2020) and the month after.
PREPARING YOUR PRESENTATION
Download the instructions for prerecording your presentation, uploading your video, and forwarding the links to the ATMAE office for posting on the conference website.
Download Instructions (pdf)
All prerecorded presentation links, and poster files are due to Karen Miles, ATMAE Program Director at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 23. If you are unable to make this deadline, please inform Karen Miles as soon as possible with the date by which your presentation will be available.
Digital Posters Guidelines:
- You can create your digital poster using PowerPoint, Adobe Illustrator, Canva or any other appropriate program.
- All posters must be one page and designed to follow the proportion of a computer screen (16:9) and allow for good quality graphics when zooming on specific sections of the poster. The recommended size is 24 inches tall by 42 inches wide.
- The file should be saved as a PDF and its size not exceed 100MB.
- Include the title of your presentation, authors, affiliations and contact information in a headline at the top of your poster.
BEFORE THE CONFERENCE STARTS
- The presentation live Q&A session schedules are available at https://www.atmae.org/page/ConferenceProgramming
- The session moderator will be assigned to each session to facilitate and maintain the time and question period.
- Be sure to test your internet speed, we recommend an internet connection download speed of at least 2.5Mbps and connecting to internet using an ethernet connection.
- Make sure to install Zoom on your computer or update it to access the conference website.
- Ensure that your microphone, headphone or speakerphone is near you. A microphone is recommended as well as a quiet place cut from ambient noise for better interactions.
- Avoid bright lights and windows behind you, and position good light in front of you (on your face) to provide for a better image.
- Test any virtual backgrounds that you may be utilizing to ensure there are no video irregularities.